Wedding Venue Allowing Own Catering - Please Help!

PinkieInPerth
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 5 Feb 2016 8:45

Wedding Venue Allowing Own Catering - Please Help!

Hello ladies,

I have just joined this site and all you ladies seem to offer great advice! I am hoping you may be able to offer me some suggestions!

My boyfriend and I are newly engaged (2nd Jan) and are trying to find our wedding venue! We want a laid back, fun wedding without the formal sit down hotel dinner! Ideally, I am looking for a venue that will allow me to go DIY- a venue where we could just hire a big room or property – like the decorating and catering (obviously a professional caterer – I want food stalls or trucks or something along those lines!) I am even open to a hotel which will do a festival type package!

We want to be able to have approx 120 people and somewhere with indoor and outdoor space.  And, like for most people, budget is an important consideration.

I’ve looked into venues you can rent exclusively and do your own catering however their fees seem astronomical- 7,000 – 10,000 Euro for the rental. This seems pretty steep when you then have to pay for your catering and alcohol on top of this, not to mention entertainment, etc. We also looked into the Pillar Room at the Rotunda and other places like that but they were either out of the price range or way too big for our numbers. I am open to any type of venue once it is pretty (or can be made pretty!) and as I mentioned preferably with access to a pleasant outdoor space we could use for drinks and serving of the food.

Finally, (as if I don’t have enough requirements!) I would like it to me no further than 60 / 90 minutes from Waterford city…ANY DIRECTION!! :)

So I was wondering and REALLLLLYYY hoping someone on here has considered or visited, or knows of, a venue that could possibly be suitable for me!

Thanks a million in advance!

• Posted: 7 Feb 2016 17:28

Re: Wedding Venue Allowing Own Catering - Please Help!

Hiya,

We seem to be on the hunt for the same thing but im looking for it to suit 270 people.  Have you looked at mount druid. Its a bit of a distance from you but looks gorgeous!  

• Posted: 2 Mar 2016 10:53

Oh ladies, tell me about it! We're engaged since 28th November and for the last 3 weeks I am obsessed with finding a venue! I started viewings last week, with a place in Meath (PM me for details if interested, they costed 3500 euro for the venue and they let you do their own catering), to find a better place but found out there's no way I can have my own catering.

I categorically don't want a 5 course but if you do go with a venue with their catering, they insist on 5 courses... I'd happily do without the soup, desserts and the bad filter coffee!!

Anyhow, I have looked at Ballyvolane House, Co. Cork and the Slane Castle, Co. Meath, both probably too far from you!

You could go for a marquee or a tipi (http://www.tipifaoinarealtai.ie/) but that will be quite pricey as you'll need to pay for the tent, site and the loos, plus the catering. Getting quite pricey here!

I am just thinking of going abroad and getting married on our own now haha!

• Posted: 2 Mar 2016 11:37

Here, Arthur's barn:

http://www.photosligo.com/barn-wedding/

http://www.daramunnisphotography.com/portfolio/wedding-andrew-kate-arthurs-barn/

I cannot seem to find their website though :(

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)