Luxury Resort & Dining - Discover South Iceland
About Hotel Rangá
Hotel Rangá a prestigious member of the ‘Great Hotels of the World Organisation’ offers serenity, luxury, relaxation and something special for guests on a year-round basis. It gives the guest access to the real Iceland which can only found in the countryside.The picturesque surroundings are offering a view of the famous volcano Mt. Hekla to the North, a range of mountains and glaciers to the North-east & East and of the Westman Islands to the South which is perfectly located only an hour from Reykjavik situated on the banks of the world famous East-Ranga Salmon River.It is perfect location to discover all the stunning attractions, activities and culture South Iceland has to offer. There is plenty of museums and exhibits in the area and is a world famous location for northern lights viewing September - April.
An array of things are available to do such as Fishing, Golf, Horseback riding, Snow mobiling, Glacier tours, ATW tours, Bird & Whale watching, Hiking, River rafting and Sea angling, Guided super jeep tours, self drive jeep tours, flight & helicopter tours among many more activities.
Acclaimed gourmet restaurant seating 120 people with a scenic riverside setting in a unique rustic log design, use of organic, high quality, local produce adds to the gourmet experience and an extensive winelist. 3 Outdoor geothermally heated hot tubs and massage offered in the hotel upon request preceding stay
Facilities at Hotel Rangá
Great Accomodation and Facilities
- 51 cozy & luxurious rooms including a stunning Master Royal Suite and 6 new theme suites in The World Pavilion©
- Perfect location for meetings, small conferences, workshops & incentives
- 2 upstairs meeting rooms seating 90 people
- Free wireless Internet access
- 3 Outdoor geothermally heated hot tubs
- Massage offered in the hotel upon request preceding stay
- Icelands only current member of the prestigious international chain Great Hotels of the World Premium Collection, which is operated by “The Great Hotels of the World Organization”.
- Enjoy eco-tourism in a stunningly unspoiled environment
- All heating + electricity on the premises are supplied by green energy
Hotel Rangá specializes in wedding arrangements and receptions, the ceremonies take place in the quaint and beautiful nearby church in Oddi which is a traditional Icelandic country church. Civil ceremonies are also arranged and outdoor ceremonies at the nearby Skóarfoss waterfalls have become very popular. Other nearby attractions also make a great setting for your most special day, we can tailor-make a great solution for you to make wedding day truly special.
The wedding reception takes place at the hotel, we can provide special arrangements with champagne/sparkling wine on ice, fruits, candles, flowers and bath oils upon arrival to room. We also offer to arrange hair and makeup, photographer and more.
Anything is possible, and we will make the wedding day special for you.