Love and Friendship - By Emily Bronte
Love is like the wild rose-briar, friendship like the holly tree
- Love is like the wild rose-briar
- Friendship like the holly tree
- The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms
- But which will bloom most constantly?
- The wild rose-briar is sweet in spring,
- Its summer blossoms scent the air
- Yet wait till winter comes again
- And who will call the wild-briar fair?
- Then, scorn the silly rose-wreath now
- And deck with thee the holly's sheen,
- Then when December blights thy brow
- He still may leave thy garland green.
More Wedding Poems