Last updated: July 2020
For details on how to contact us, please see Section 24 (Contact Us) below.
1. Your Acceptance of the Terms
Similarly, some areas of the Services (including, without limitation, The Hitched Shop) are hosted or provided by our third-party hosts or service providers and are subject to additional terms and conditions of use, which are posted within those areas on such third parties’ websites. Please make sure you read and accept these additional terms and conditions before using these areas of the Services.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change or modify these Terms at any time. It is your responsibility to check the Terms periodically because any changes will be binding on you. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
2. The Services and Users of the Services
Through our Services we offer an innovative community and marketplace for the wedding industry. Our Services are only available to business entities and individuals who are at least 18 years of age and who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law.
Users of our Services include:
- individual users such as prospective brides and grooms, newlyweds, wedding guests and all other consumers accessing our Services or perusing our websites (collectively, "Website Visitors");
- individual users such as prospective brides and grooms, newlyweds and wedding guests who have registered to create an account with us (collectively, “Members”); and
- companies and other third parties offering products and services related to weddings (collectively, “Vendors”)
Certain areas of the Services may provide a place for Members to interact with Vendors and book services that a Vendor offers. As a Member, you acknowledge that while we use techniques to help verify the identity of Vendors when they register for memberships or subscriptions on our Services, we cannot guarantee each Vendor’s identity, capabilities, that it has obtained all required permits, licences or consents, or that it complies with all applicable laws. We do not personally endorse or recommend any particular Vendor nor do we guarantee the quality of their goods or services. You should use our Services as a starting point for identifying organisations that provide the products and services you need, and then conduct your own research to ensure the service providers you choose to do business are appropriate for you.
If you are agreeing to the Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to the Terms and, in such event, "you" and "your" refer to that company or other entity.
As a Vendor you acknowledge that we will not personally recommend or endorse you or your products or services. We are in no way responsible for assisting you in reaching an agreement with Members. We are not responsible for assisting you in providing goods and services to Members. Your membership or subscription to our Services may not be transferred or sold to another party.
As a Vendor you must list the true and correct name of your business on the Services. If there is a change to that business name, Vendors must promptly update the Services and may need to provide additional documentation for proof of name change. Vendors who engage in the sale of goods and services must have a valid business operations licence, as applicable.
We may offer different types of paid and free memberships or subscriptions. For instance, we may offer “Basic,” “Free Trial,” “Lite,” or other unpaid Vendor memberships. These unpaid Vendor memberships do not guarantee any advertising placement or other benefits. We reserve the right to modify the terms of or cancel any such unpaid Vendor memberships at any time. We may also offer memberships or subscriptions for which a Vendor pays (“Paid Subscriptions”). The Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to such Paid Subscriptions, and are incorporated into our relationship with Vendors. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the Terms and Conditions of Sale, the latter shall prevail.
3. The Services and Users of the Services
As a User, you acknowledge that we are not a product or service provider, vendor, or an agent representative for any Vendor. We and the Services function solely as a neutral venue and digital platform where Users may connect for particular types of services or products. We are not involved in or a party to the actual transactions between Users. As a result, although we take steps to verify the Vendors that list on our websites, we have no control over the transactions that take place on our Services or the accuracy of any Vendor listings. We have no control over the ability of Vendors to provide items or perform services or the ability of Members to pay for any goods and services. We make no representations or warranties and are not liable or responsible for the actions or inactions of our Users.
4. Nondiscrimination Policy
We want all Users to feel welcome and included on our Services. Accordingly, we prohibit discrimination against Users, guests, or our representatives based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital, family, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or citizenship status, age, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. Such discrimination includes, but is not limited to, refusing to provide or accept services or any other conduct that improperly takes into account these characteristics. This prohibition applies to the posting of discriminatory content, such as reviews or forum posts, on the Services. We will, at our discretion, take steps to enforce this policy, up to and including suspending from our Services those Vendors and Members who violate this policy. If you experience discrimination with any Member or Vendor, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org. with the subject “Nondiscrimination Policy,” so we can investigate and take appropriate measures, which we will endeavour to do without undue delay.
We reserve the right to suspend any User’s access to the Services and cancel the contract of any Vendor that violates these rules or who engages in offensive and detrimental behaviour, including behaviour that shocks, insults, or offends the community and public morals and decency, including through making racist, discriminatory or offensive comments or by taking actions that are not in keeping with our Nondiscrimination policy. Please see our Review Policy below for more information related to reviews posted on the website.
5. Location of the Services
We control and operate the Services from our facilities in the United Kingdom and, unless otherwise specified, the materials displayed on the Services are presented solely for the purpose of promoting products and services available in the United Kingdom and Ireland. We do not represent that materials on the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you choose to access the Services from other locations, local laws may be applicable. Our affiliated companies have Websites that are intended to serve many other countries in the world. Please see TheKnot.com and WeddingWire.com for access to sites focused on the United States of America, and Bodas.net for access to sites focused on Europe, Latin America, Canada and India.
6. Accounts, Passwords and Security
To access certain features or areas of the Services, you may be required to register and create an account. You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form, and you are responsible for keeping such information up to date (this includes your contact information). In addition, certain features of the Services may only be available to our Members. To access those areas of the Services you will be required to log in using your username and password. You are responsible for all activity occurring when the Services are accessed through your account, whether authorised by you or not.
Therefore, if you create an account, be sure to protect the confidentiality of your account password. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
8. Rules for Using the Services
You must comply with all applicable laws and contractual obligations when you use the Services. In using the Services, you also agree to abide by the rules outlined below.
Users of the Services
As a User of the Services, you expressly agree not to:
- Create an account in another person’s or entity’s name, create more than one account, use another’s account or impersonate another person or entity;
- Use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes our rights or the rights of others;
- Restrict or inhibit other Users from using and enjoying the Services;
- “Harvest,” “scrape,” “stream catch” or collect information from the Services using an automated software tool (including but not limited to use of robots, spiders, or similar means), or manually on a mass basis (unless we have given you separate written permission to do so) (this includes, for example, information about other Users of the Services and information about the offerings, products, services and promotions available on or through the Services);
- Circumvent or reverse engineer the Services or our systems or to gain unauthorised access to any areas of the Services, or any other systems or networks connected to the Services, or to any of the services offered on or through the Services that are not intended for access by you, by hacking, password “mining,” or any other illegitimate means;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Services or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Services, including by “flooding” the Services with requests;
- Use the Services to gain competitive intelligence about us, the Services, or any product offered via the Services or to otherwise complete with us or our affiliates, or use information on the Services to create or sell a similar product or information;
- Manipulate or forge identifiers to disguise the origin of any information posted on the Services or otherwise provided to us or our employees;
- Use the Services to promote spamming, chain letters, or other unsolicited communications; or
- Engage in tactics, or direct or encourage others, to attempt to bypass the Services or our systems to avoid complying with any of our applicable policies, including these Terms, paying applicable fees, or complying with other contractual obligations, if any.
If you are a Vendor, in addition to the above, you further expressly agree not to:
- Violate any applicable laws, statutes or regulations regarding your use of the Services and your listing, the production and transportation of items and/or the solicitation of offers to produce and transport items;
- Include promotional text or endorsements in your storefront name or your storefront picture(s);
- Discourage, either through the Services or otherwise, any Website Visitor or Member from hiring other Vendors of the Services; or
- “Farm” out Member leads (i.e., taking Member leads provided to you and transferring them to others that are not Vendors of the Services).
We reserve the right to suspend any User’s access to the Services and/or cancel the contract of any User that violates these rules.
9. Review Policy
Our Services include a forum whereby Users can post a review of Vendors (“Review”). Reviews are an important way for users to make informed decisions about Vendors and, as such, Hitched takes steps to ensure that there is a transparent process for posting and, if necessary, removing Reviews in accordance with applicable laws.
If you have questions about these policies or procedures, or believe that a review violates these policies, please contact email@example.com.
Hitched will publish all Reviews submitted to the platform by Users provided that they meet the following conditions:
- They are written by a User who used the Vendor for their own wedding
- They are written by aUser with a signed contract to use the Vendor
- The Reviews are free of profanity or abusive language
Hitched reserves the right to take steps to verify that the User who posts the Review meets the criteria for publication specified above.
Reviews may not contain the names or other personal data of staff members of the Vendor. Where Reviews containing personal data of staff members of Vendors are reported to Hitched, this information is redacted from the Review or, to the extent redaction is not possible, the Review is removed from the Hitched website.
Complaints and Takedown Procedure
User Removal Requests
A Review will be taken off the Hitched website as soon as practicable where a User asks for their own Review to be removed.
Vendor Removal Requests
Where a Vendor disputes or requests removal of a Review, Hitched follows the Takedown Process proposed under the U.K. Defamation Act of 2013, including the time periods required for responding to Users and Vendors. Hitched will investigate the request pursuant to such process, and notify the Vendor whether the Review will be removed.
10. Protection of Intellectual Property Content
Our Services contain copyrighted material, trade marks, inventions, know-how, potentially patentable business method material, designs (including the look, feel, appearance and graphic function of the Services), design logos, phrases, names, logos, HTML code and/or other computer code and/or scripts (collectively, “Intellectual Property Content”). Unless otherwise indicated and/or provided pursuant to a third-party licence, our Intellectual Property Content is our sole property, and we retain all rights, interests and title thereto.
You may use the Services and the Intellectual Property Content (including any content and materials included on the Services) for your own personal, non-commercial use, but you may not use it for commercial purposes. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any material from the Services unless explicitly authorised in these Terms. You may not frame or link to the Services without our prior written permission.
The Services contain trade marks, trade names, trade dress, service marks, domain names or other indicia of ownership (collectively the “Marks”) owned or licensed for use by us, including but not limited to the "HITCHED" mark. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, you agree that no right, property, licence, permission, or interest of any kind in or to the Marks is or is intended to be given or transferred to or acquired by you pursuant to the execution, performance, or non-performance of the Terms or any part thereof. You shall in no way contest or deny the validity of, our right of title to or licence of use for, the Marks, and you shall not encourage or assist others directly or indirectly to do so, during the lifetime of the Terms and thereafter. You shall not utilise the Marks or any similar marks in any manner that would diminish their value or harm their reputation or goodwill.
You shall not use or register any domain name, trade mark, or service mark that is identical to or similar to any of the Marks.
11. Content Submitted by Users
The Services may offer Users the opportunity to submit or post information to the Services, and to share information with other Users through message boards, Vendor advertisements and listings, and other means. You agree to use common sense and good judgment when conducting or posting any online communication or distribution of information.
Any information submitted by you to the Services through any means is “Submitted Content.” We acknowledge that you retain ownership of all Intellectual Property Content that forms part of the Submitted Content.
By posting Submitted Content, you expressly represent and warrant that (i) you are the owner of any and all Submitted Content; or (ii) you are the legitimate and rightful grantee of a worldwide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, non-exclusive licence to use, distribute, reproduce, and distribute Submitted Content. You further represent and warrant that all persons and entities connected with the Submitted Content, and all other persons and entities whose names, voices, photographs, likenesses, works, services, and materials have been used in the Submitted Content or its exploitation, have authorised the use of their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, performances, and biographical data in connection with the advertising, promotion, trade and other exploitation of the Submitted Content and the rights granted herein.
Users are solely responsible for their Submitted Content. We do not control the Submitted Content of Users and we are not responsible for its accuracy or legality. You assume legal responsibility for and will be responsible for all costs and losses suffered by us as a result of any of your Submitted Content.
12. Our Licence to Submitted Content
By posting Submitted Content to any part of the Services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to us, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide licence (with the right to sublicense at multiple levels) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Submitted Content for any purpose and in any format on or in connection with the Services, our business, or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate such Submitted Content into other works, and to grant and authorise sublicenses of the foregoing. Additionally, by providing Submitted Content, you authorise us to use the names, voices, photographs, likenesses, performances, and biographical data included in or associated with any Submitted Content in connection with the advertising, promotion, trade and other exploitation of the Submitted Content and the rights granted herein. You acknowledge that we may retain archived copies of your Submitted Content and may continue to use your Submitted Content in connection with any materials that were created prior to your removal of your Submitted Content, in accordance with the license described above.
We always want to receive messages and feedback from our Users and welcome any comments regarding the Services. Any ideas, suggestions, comments or proposals you send to us (collectively, “Submissions”) are entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such Submissions as we see fit and without any obligation or compensation to you.
13. Rules Regarding Submitting Content
By using our Services, you agree not to post any Submitted Content that you know is incorrect or not current.
You further agree not to post Submitted Content or take any action that:
- May create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, any other person or any animal;
- Is fraudulent, vulgar, obscene, unlawful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, is sexually or otherwise harassing or menacing, high-pressure sales tactics, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, highly coercive, profane, or otherwise harmful to any Users or in any way violates the Nondiscrimination Policy set forth herein;
- Creates liability for us in any manner whatsoever;
- Violates or possibly causes us to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation or encourages criminal conduct;
- Scans or tests the vulnerability or security of our Services or the system within which it operates or involves the upload, or insertion of, any programming language or code into or onto, our Services;
- Contains your personal information that you do not wish to be made public or to be displayed in accordance with the applicable settings that you indicate, or that contains another person's personal information or otherwise invades another's privacy;
- Contains any information (such as insider, proprietary or confidential information) that you do not have a right to make available due to contract, fiduciary duty, or operation of law;
- Advertises the products or services of others or contains links to third-party web sites or solicits business for products or services other than those that are offered and promoted on the Services
- Contains any computer hardware or software, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, or any other computer programming that may interfere with the operation of our Services or our systems and or create or impose a large burden or load on our Services or systems; or
- Infringes any third party's intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademark right.
We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to monitor, remove, or restrict any Submitted Content for any reason, including, without limitation, that your Submitted Content is in violation of these Terms or is otherwise inappropriate, as determined in our sole discretion.
Any decision to prevent, restrict, redress or regulate Submitted Content or to implement other enforcement measures against any Submitted Content (or to refrain from taking such measures) may raise difficult issues and may have to take place against a background of imperfect levels of information, time constraints and other complicating factors. In taking such decisions, we and our directors, offices, shareholders, parents, subsidiaries, employees, consultants, affiliates, partners, agents or representatives (collectively, our "Representatives") will seek to act in good faith.
You expressly agree that our Representatives and anyone else authorised to act on our behalf shall in no circumstances be liable as a result of any representation that we would or would not restrict or redress any Submitted Content, conduct or potential or purported violation of the Terms (but this does not restrict any rights you may have to take action against us in relation to such representations).
14. Tools & Changes to Services
The Services offers several tools to Users (collectively, “User Tools”), some of which are provided by third parties. We cannot guarantee the availability, suitability or effectiveness of any of these User Tools, whether provided by a third party or not.
In order to optimise the Services operation, we are constantly testing and evolving the Services and the services offered on it. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue any User Tools or other services or features provided on the Services at any time without warning. You agree that we may make such changes and reverse or modify them at any time, without notice.
15. Fees & Payments
Members: The Services are provided to Members free of charge. We may offer optional fee-based services, which may include services provided by third parties. Your use of such services shall be subject to any applicable additional terms and conditions which may include the third parties’ terms and conditions, and in such circumstances, the third parties, and not us, are responsible for delivering any purchases goods or performing any booked services, and in issuing any applicable refunds. The fee and timing of payments for the fee-based service will be described separately as part of the applicable fee-based service.
Vendors: Vendors with valid Vendor accounts may purchase additional paid services (e.g. subscriptions). Such services will be subject to additional terms (e.g. the Terms and Conditions of Sale for paid listings and the Digital Advertising Terms and Conditions for the purchasing of advertising).
We may add new services for additional fees and charges at any time in our sole discretion. In order to optimise the Services, we are constantly testing new initiatives and product offerings and may change the operation of the Services, including the order and manner in which advertisements appear on it, the way that services are delivered, and the way that new customers are charged for services.
16. Coupons & Discounts
We may allow you to receive promotional coupons (“Coupons”), or other promotions or discounts (“Discounts”) that may be used to purchase goods and services from us or third parties (“Coupon Vendors”). Additional terms and conditions may be contained on each Coupon or Discount.
17. Disclaimers of Warranties
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WHILE WE ENABLE USERS TO COMMUNICATE WITH ONE ANOTHER, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING SUCH INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS, AND WE ARE NOT A PARTY TO TRANSACTIONS OR INTERACTIONS THAT MAY OCCUR BETWEEN USERS, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. ADDITIONALLY, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT ANY VENDOR IS LICENSED, QUALIFIED, INSURED OR CAPABLE OF PERFORMING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE, AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE EXPERTISE, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, OR QUALITY OF WORK OF ANY VENDOR, OR THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THEY PROVIDE. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONTENT PROVIDED, DISPLAYED, OR GENERATED THROUGH THE SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ORDERED OR PROVIDED VIA THE SERVICES, ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THIS MEANS THAT WE MAKE NO PROMISES THAT:
- THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME,
- THE SERVICES WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS OR PROVIDE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS,
- THE INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR UP TO DATE,
- THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM THEM OR STORED ON THEM WILL BE SECURE FROM UNAUTHORISED ACCESS,
- INFORMATION AND CONTENT THAT YOU STORE IN YOUR ACCOUNT OR ON THE SERVICES WILL REMAIN RETRIEVABLE AND UNCORRUPTED, OR
- THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
ALTHOUGH WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION AT ANY TIME. WE CANNOT, AND DO NOT, GUARANTEE THE CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ADVICE AND WE CANNOT BE EXPECTED TO KNOW WHAT USE YOU MAY MAKE OF THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SERVICES.
18. Limited Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL HITCHED, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR OTHER AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, OR OUR REPRESENTATIVES, CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS (THE "HITCHED PARTIES") BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR INDIRECT DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS (DIRECT OR INDIRECT), ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SERVICES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION. THE LIABILITY OF THE HITCHED PARTIES (AS DEFINED ABOVE) TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, IS LIMITED TO, IN THE CASE OF A VENDOR, THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO US IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY OR, IN THE CASE OF A WEBSITE VISITOR OR A MEMBER, £100.
This Section 18 shall not limit or exclude the Hitched Parties' liability for: (i) fraud; (ii) fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) death or personal injury arising from negligence.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users, and we are not a party to any such disputes. We reserve the right, but do not have any obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. Any and all communications, correspondence, verbal or written, or any warranties or representations, made with regard to products and services offered through the Services by Users are not provided by us and are specifically and solely between the Users.
You agree to release the Hitched Parties from all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any disputes between you and any third parties or in any way related to goods, services, or events involving third parties.
19. Suspension or Termination of Access and Remedies
Website Visitors and Members may terminate their use of the Services at any time by ceasing to use the Services. Upon terminating their use of the Services, Members who wish for Hitched to delete their Member accounts and associated data may request deletion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have the right to deny access to, and to suspend or terminate your access to, the Services, or to any features or portions of the Services, and to remove and discard any content or materials you have submitted to the Services, at any time and for any reason (including without limitation for legal or regulatory reasons, if Users unduly use the websites or information stored thereon in an unlawful manner or in a way that harms the assets or rights of third parties). Where reasonably practicable and permissible by law, we will endeavour to give you prior written notice of such suspension or termination.
Actions that may result in the rejection or removal of your participation can include, but are not limited to: any violation of the Terms; your creation, maintenance and/or management of more than one account; your non-payment in full any unpaid fees; any attempt by you to improperly influence, or cause another to improperly influence the feedback of Members; your unethical conduct, to be determined at our sole discretion; or any attempt by you to harass, or cause another to harass, or have inappropriate communications with a Member.
If you are a Vendor, after your relationship with us is terminated for any reason, we shall be entitled to retain and display all reviews associated with you on the Services as well as basic directory information, including, without limitation, business name, mailing address, website address and telephone number.
Remedies for use of our Services that violate the Terms include, but are not limited to, the immediate termination of your membership, notifying our Users of your actions, issuing a warning (including a public warning), temporarily suspending your membership, monetary compensation, and injunctive relief.
20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any other terms and conditions applicable to the Services are governed by English law. Hitched and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, but if you are a consumer and you live in Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, the courts of those jurisdictions shall also have jurisdiction in relation to any dispute about these Terms.
21. Claims of Copyright Infringement
We take claims of copyright infringement seriously and will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Services infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials from the Services by submitting written notification to our Copyright Agent (designated below).
The written notice must include substantially the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed.
- Identification of the owner of the copyright work.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
Completed notices should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
22. Linked Websites
23. General Provisions
- Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any law to the contrary (including any relevant statutes of limitation), any claim or cause of action that you may have arising out of or related to the use of the Services, or these Terms, must be filed by you promptly after such claim or cause of action accrued.
- Section Headings. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.
- Changes. We retain the right to revise our Services at any time for any reason including without limitation to comply with any applicable law or regulation. It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically.
- No Agency. You hereby agree and acknowledge that your provision of services and/or your use of the Services, does not confer or imply any contractor (independent or otherwise), agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship with us and furthermore that no affiliation, association or connection exists between you and us. In no event shall you have authority to bind, commit, contract for, or otherwise obligate us in any manner whatsoever.
- No Third-Party Beneficiaries. The Terms are not intended to benefit any third party, and do not create any third-party relationship. Accordingly, the Terms may only be invoked or enforced by you or us.
- No Assignment. The Terms are personal to you and you may not assign them to anyone.
- No Modification by Trade Usage/Prior Course of Dealing. The Terms may not be modified, supplemented, qualified, or interpreted by any trade usage or prior course of dealing not made a part of the Terms by its express terms.
- Failure to Enforce. A failure to enforce at any time any of the provisions of the Terms, to exercise any election or option provided herein, or to require at any time the performance of the other of any of the provisions herein will not in any way be construed as a waiver of such provisions.
- Unenforceability. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Prevailing Terms. To the extent there is any conflict between these Terms and any other document entered into between you and Hitched, with the exception of the Terms and Conditions of Sale, these Terms shall prevail unless the other document specifically states that it shall prevail.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms and any additional terms and conditions that are referenced herein or otherwise may apply to specific areas of the Services, constitute the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the Services.
24. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to respond to any written correspondence without undue delay.