A romantic and unique castle venue for civil ceremonies. Built in the 16th century the castle overlooks the River Lee providing the perfect backdrop for bridal party photos
Originally built in the 16th Century , Blackrock Castle is a unique wedding venue set in a stunning location overlooking the River Lee. Lovingly restored and steeped in history, Blackrock Castle Observatory caters for bespoke intimate weddings in a warm and relaxed environment.
This magical venue has been home to love, passion and rebellion through the centuries. Blackrock Castle perfectly combines its ancient history with sympathetic modern details, making it the perfect setting for your wedding.
There is ample parking adjacent to the Castle and it is located only 15 minutes from Cork city centre.
All our wedding packages include the following:
- Exclusive venue hire
- Personal one-on-one attention by our events coordinator prior to and on the day.
- Red carpet on arrival.
- Venue dressed to your specification with candles, flowers, decorative lighting, draped fabric etc.
- Fully guided Castle access for your photographer to set up incredible shot
- Ceremony ONLY venue - we do not cater for receptions.
- Maximum capacity of 100 people.
- The Castle Cafe restaurant on the castle grounds can provide hospitality for up to 40 people
- Ceremonies can take place Monday - Friday only
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
3 reviewsWrite a Review
Castle Road xxx Douglas (Cork)