The days are surely coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant that I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt – a covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, says the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. No longer shall they teach one another, or say to each other, ‘Know the Lord’, for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and remember their sin no more.
Related Hitched Articles
- Wedding SpeechesJesus said, ‘Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord”, will enter the kingdom of heavenA reading from Matthew 7.21,24-end
- Wedding SpeechesRejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, RejoiceA reading from Philippians 4.4-9
- Wedding SpeechesUnless the Lord builds the house those who build it labour in vainPsalm 127
- Wedding SpeechesBlessed are all these who fear the Lord and walk in his waysPsalm 128
- Wedding SpeechesI, the prisoner in the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been calA reading from Ephesians 4.1-6