A modest Georgian House, overlooking the Barrow valley, situated halfway between Kilkenny city and Carlow town providing charming accommodation and evening meals in relaxed and informal surroundings. The house has immense character, complemented by stylish interiors that are full of irony and amusement.
The cooking is creative and contemporary, with generous flavours, using fresh local produce and home-grown fruits, herbs and vegetables. Dinner is a seven course seasonal table d'hote menu and special dietary requirements can be catered for with advance notice..
Aroma Spa, a bespoke aromatherapy centre for both men and women, offers an all-encompassing selection of aromatherapy body massage, facial treatments, and herbal body wraps. All treatments include exclusive use of an Aromacology Suite with relaxation lounge, sauna, aroma-steam and outdoor thermal tub. Please check availability at time of booking.
Croquet on the lawn or a walk through the herb filled gardens; dining a deux in the cherub adorned dining room or socialising with friends; an invigorating massage or a pampering facial, a convivial evening by the open fire or a special moment of quiet comtemplation under a starry night sky,...who knows what may unfold.
- Small intimate venue suitable for a maximum of 26 to 28 dining guests.
- HSE approved for civil ceremonies for up to 50 guests.
- Accommodation for up to 18 guests (double occupancy), 21 if three rooms are triple occupancy.
- Seven course seasonal table d'hote menu with choice of main course, dessert or cheese.
- Unsuitable for children under 12 years
- Extensive gardens for photographs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Leisure Facilities:
Do you have any questions?
Bagenalstown xxx Carlow (Carlow)
Would you like to schedule a visit?