The most important day of your life deserves a special setting and that setting is The Shamrock Lodge Hotel, Athlone. Tucked away at the end of a tree lined avenue on our own beautiful grounds and well manicured gardens, there is no better backdrop for your wedding photographs in Athlone. Our John Broderick Suite, beautifully designed and carefully planned for Weddings of up to 280 guest is spacious and modern with views of the gardens.
At The Shamrock Lodge Hotel you will begin your married life with your family and with ours. Our family team has the experience you are looking for in a Wedding venue and we are happy to help and advise on every element of the day to ensure your Wedding Day is all you dream and more, after all The Shamrock Lodge Hotel has been host to Athlone weddings for over 60 years.
Couples can enjoy an entire fairytale day from their exchange of vows in the beautifully decorated Shannon Suite and later dine and dance the night away in our John Broderick Banqueting Suite which creates a superb setting for guests to relax and enjoy the occasion.
- Over 20 years experience in hosting happy couples on their special day
- Dedicated team to help with every element on the day
- Special red carpet entrance for the happy couple accompanied by our resident traditional piper
- Flexible Wedding Packages to suit all tastes and budgets
- Menu tasting before the big day
- Renowned food and excellent friendly service
- Privileged to welcome generations of families celebrate milestone events
- 'Princess Grace' Honeymoon Suite named in honour of the Princess' visit in 1961
We invite you to 'Let Our Family Looks After Yours' on the most important day of your lives x
- Over 25 years experience in welcoming couples to celebrate their special day with us
- Private Grounds and Gardens that provide a wonderful backdrop for photos
- Personal wedding planner to help with every element of your special day
- Privileged to welcome generations of families celebrate milestone events at our hotel
- Renowned food and excellent service
- Free onsite car park for 300 cars
Venues you may like
Check out other venues that are popular with couples right now
Frequently Asked Questions
Venue Staff Assistance:
Venue Leisure Facilities:
Do you have any questions?
ReviewsWrite a Review
Our Amazing Wedding
Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to us as guests.
Fantastic Wedding Venue
The hospitality from Alan & Paddy McCaul and all the staff was top notch. Everyone we dealt with was friendly, helpful and down to earth. From the very first meeting with Alan, the General Manager, we were made to feel welcome and that nothing would be a problem with planning the wedding. We live in Australia but even this huge distance was no problem as we had numerous calls and emails with Alan to keep us up to date with anything we needed to do. Nothing we asked for was an issue, they really are professional and make the whole wedding venue planning process actually easy and fun!
We, our families and guests had a fantastic weekend. We honestly cannot fault anything. We received so many compliments about the food and service, everyone went above and beyond to make sure we were looked after perfectly. Alan was personally there for the whole wedding day to make sure we were happy and that everything was running smoothly.
The hotel has been newly renovated and all of our overseas guests were very impressed with the rooms. We also took advantage of the lovely gardens and different areas of the hotel for our photographs on the day. Our whole wedding experience was amazing thanks in a large part to the Shamrock Lodge Hotel. We really look forward to going to my sister’s wedding there next year.
Did the reviews win you over?
Would you like to schedule a visit?