Vintage style for your day
The craze for vintage-themed weddings isn’t going anywhere — and whether you want a full on retro extravaganza, or just a touch of vintage charm, choosing a vintage-inspired bouquet or floral centrepiece is a great way to incorporate the trend.
We’ve picked 10 unusual and inspiring designs to give you the picture.
- Full BloomCaptured at the Spectacular Vintage Wedding Fair by In Love Photography, this is a classic vintage-inspired bouquet, perfect for a timeless and stylish bride. With berries and roses, it captures the excitement of wild flowers and fruit — and it would look fabulous with a lace covered 50s or 60s-style dress and a retro fascinator.
Bouquet by: www.bloomsday.ie
- Beautiful BroochesA brooch bouquet is a very fashionable way to make a vintage statement at a wedding — and it’s a keepsake that lasts forever. According to Barbara at Ruffled Ruby, brides are moving away from full brooch bouquets, choosing a half brooch, half satin flower option instead. With handmade satin roses, 14 -16 brooches, a selection of pearls and a satin-trimmed handle finished with lace, pearl pins and a brooch, this is a delectable vintage touch.
Bouquet by: www.ruffledruby.com
- Back to NatureA seasonal bouquet with plenty of rustic charm works particularly well if you want to add a traditional and rustic touch. Arranged by French-trained artisan florist Olivier Besombes at Les Fleurs, this unique arrangement, with under-ripe blackberries and wild flowers, is steeped in natural beauty. It demands to be carried by a boho bride in a loose fitting, tiered dress.
Bouquet by: www.lesfleurs.ie
- Fairy MagicIf the bride is carrying a vintage-inspired bouquet, a complementary accessory for the flower girls is a must. Designed by Austen Flowers, this “fairy wand” is made with pink baby roses, glass gems, handmade silver leaves and a flutter of white feathers. If your theme is pink — or roaring 20s inspired — this irresistible, sweet and glamorous detail works wonders.
Bouquet by: www.austenflowersandevents.com
- Sweet and PersonalPhotographed by Naomi Campbell and designed by Floral Earth, this textured and sweet-smelling country garden bouquet contains white bouvardia, scented white freesia, ivory spray roses and cream lisianthus with champagne Vendela roses, soft pink Keano roses, lilac Ocean Song roses and stunning Juliet and Keira David Austin roses. For an added personal touch, the florist also included foliages cut from the mother of the bride’s garden.
Bouquet by: www.floralearth.co.uk
- All Around the RosesA spherical arrangement can offer a fabulous vintage look to your bridal styling. This beautiful, rose-filled, round bouquet captures the look and also features pretty pink and purple pastel tones — ideal for a vintage-themed wedding. This is perfect for a turn-of-the-century-style, traditional day with classic fashion and glamorous accessories.
Bouquet by: www.budsandberries.com
- Centre of AttentionA gorgeous, vintage-style centrepiece will always get your guests talking and will either complement a vintage theme or add a subtle vintage touch to a contemporary occasion. This spectacular arrangement includes a show-stopping Café au Lait dahlia, ferns and a mix of wild-looking foliage; a very large arrangement, it would be suitable for a mantle or plinth and would look fabulous on a table of its own at your reception.
Bouquet by: www.theinformalflorist.com
- Silky SentimentalityNothing says vintage like a cameo. This bouquet by Daisy’s Floral Creations was a custom design for a September bride made with silk red hydrangea, cameo brooches and pearls. Adding brooches you’ve sourced yourself from vintage flea markets or thrift stores, or even family heirlooms that you’ve been saving for a special occasion, is a lovely, personal thing to do.
Bouquet by: www.daisys.ie
- Simply Does ItA hydrangea is a classic flower and this elegant bouquet, with a white hydrangea, dainty pearls and pink mink feathers, shows just how effective simplicity can be. Wear with an extravagant ball gown, long white gloves and strings of vintage pearls for the ultimate in retro beauty.
Bouquet by: www.fussypeacock.ie
- Fabulous FireplaceIf you’re having a wedding in a vintage setting, or there is a gorgeous original feature at the venue, a floral arrangement that complements and enhances its surroundings will look stunning. Designed by Joeanna Caffrey, this beautiful and elegant Georgian-style mantle arrangement contains white hydrangea, ‘scented’ white stocks, pale pink roses and vintage-style lime green hanging amaranthus.
Bouquet by: www.joeannacaffrey.ie